For posting items for sale, for free or wanted

Views: 10966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you

Wanted: House in Wales to rent for family of 6 returning from overseas

We are relocating with 4 children and are looking for a short term housing solution before we are able to buy a property somewhere in Wales. The dates we are looking to be in the area in search of a permanent housing solution is Jan - March 2019. Please reply here or direct to OSCAR.

Wanted: 2 bed house in Gloucester UK area for missionary couple on furlough May to Aug 2019.

A couple working in South America are looking for accommodation from around the 25th April until around the 27th August in the Gloucester area of the UK. They need something that is fully furnished with cooking equipment, etc. Somewhere with two bedrooms would be idea as they would like family to be able to visit. They would consider something available for only part of that time too. Please reply to OSCAR either here or by email to info@oscar.org.uk

Have found a helpful possible route to take is to contact the secretaries of churches in the area.  This worked well for a search a friend was making a while ago in another town in the UK. If you can use Google, then you should be able to locate details of the churches.  If I can assist, then let me know. David.

Wanted: We are looking for someone/family to come and look after our cat and our house in Portugal. We will be visiting family in Uk between 12-26 of Feb and are missionaries with Wec Int. It would be an ideal opportunity for a retreat or holiday for someone. It's close to beautiful beaches (about 15-20 mins away) and is peaceful. The house is quite large with three bedrooms and we would welcome a cat lover to look after Felix.

Hi Linda.  My husband and I are semi-retired English missionaries in the north of Portugal (Povoa de Varzim) and we might be able to help you out, at least for some of the period 12-26 Feb.  We love cats and have had quite a few ourselves in the past.

In what part of Lisbon do you live please?  We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Marilyn, how nice to hear from you so quickly too. We live in São Pedro da Cadeira near Santa Cruz (Torres Vedras).

I would really appreciate your help.

Hi Linda,  We can come on either 15th or 16th (its our grandson's birthday on the 15th in Porto) and stay until the 25th.  How does that sound?  Are there any costs involved or other responsibilities apart from looking after Felix?  We'd love to see a photo of him if you are able to upload one!

HI Marilyn

thanks for your generous offer. But I think we will need to hold out for someone that might be able to do the full two weeks. We will also like to have someone for the 13th March to 13th April. That's a whole month, but hoping that God will provide. No, there is no cost, and no other responsibilities. 

Thanks again Marilyn for your kind offer. Do you have an email address Marilyn, I can't seem to upload the photo of Felix. Not very good on this techno stuff. :)

By the way, if you think of anyone else that might be able to help, do let us know. Thanks. 

Hi Linda.

We understand.  However, if you don't manage to find anyone else we could definitely commit to 15th (afternoon) until the  26th (instead of the 25th as previously stated).

Sorry, I don't know of anyone else who might be able to help.

My email address is marilynhawkes45@gmail.com.  

Hello Linda, 
Your post is very inviting! My wife would love to take our family back to Portugal someday.  We've talked about doing this as a family and visiting some missions we're connected with. If you have need of this again for someone to watch over your house please keep me in mind. Happy to connect. 
Thank you,
Chris 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mike Frith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service