Replies

• Good afternoon, I am wondering if anyone can help with information re Missionaries and their health care in UK? our friends are Brits and serving in Europe. However, he recently discovered a cancerous tumour and has been operated on in UK. He will need follow up appointments but has been told that as he is not resident UK he has to relinquish his registration with GP. any advice anyone??
    • Your friends might find the following page on the Global Connections site helpful: https://www.globalconnections.org.uk/interest-groups/international-...
      Access to free NHS treatment (in England) for mission partners
      The NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) Regulations 2015 came into force on 6 April 2015 and have implications for access to free secondary NHS health…
    • It depends on many factors. Firstly are they returning to live in Wales. In my experience, most Welsh GPs will sign up people to their practices if they are returning and intending to live permanently in Wales. The rules all differ in England, Scotland and N.I. In England, they are very unlikely to take him on.
    • Lynne, do they have residency in Europe and if so in which country? As far as I understand, the British Government has guaranteed NHS access to Brits living in the EU who have been affected by Brexit. If I find the law relating to this I'll paste it here. But have a look on UKCEN web page, you will find a lot of support there.
  • For schooling children overseas with a British curriculum, you could consider Interhigh- Britain's leading online school. Three of our children have studied there. It's live online lessons. It has its pros and cons, but it's worth knowing about. https://interhigh.co.uk
    Online school UK | Online secondary school | GCSE & A level education
    InterHigh School, complete independent online Secondary School and Sixth Form. Pupils from UK and around the world study online at home, with great r…
  • We would like to find some Financial Advisers that understand the world of Christian Workers living on a Support Raising basis and needing help with making decisions about tax and pension related issues. Do any OSCAR users have any recommendations?
    • Hi I can highly recommend Kingsfleet Wealth, based in Suffolk, run by a Christian. I have been with them for several years and they continue to give me good advice and support. Colin Low is in charge; he fully understands my position. One of his employees used to be with SIM, so also understands. https://www.kingsfleetwealth.co.uk/ I have nothing but praise for this company and for Colin Low.
      Home - Kingsfleet Wealth
      Helping you reach your financial goals, through intelligent, bespoke Independent Financial Advice. A proud Suffolk-based business, our head office is…
      • Thanks, Fiona, that's really helpful.
  • Hi everybody, I am looking for a 4 month accommodation in Orlando in Florida, starting this August. I start a training session in Ministry and am just throwing this out there. If anybody has any recommendations that would be amazing too. Thank you so much and God bless. Amina
  • I am keen to start a quarterly or six-monthly prayer meeting primarily for overseas mission representatives and leaders in the Yorkshire and surrounding area. The aim is to start having face to face prayer meetings when coronavirus restrictions have passed. The idea would be that each mission shares a very brief five minute update with two or three prayer points, then we either pray for a few missions at one time in a series of prayer times or for all the missions together at the end. The venue would be wherever is most central for those who wish to participate, possibly York or Leeds, allowing people from about an hour's journey away to join. The primary aim is to form a fellowship of mutual prayer for each other. The problem in these days of GDPR is knowing how to get hold of representatives in a particular area. If interested please get in touch with me by email at m.beresford@zambesimission.org
This reply was deleted.