For general messages, information or requests

Views: 3436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Re WILKO contact  I'm pleased to say I have now received reply and the gist is that WILKO do not offer a discount for bulk purchases however the respondant said we should contact their charity team direct to see if they can help or to visit my local store and ask the staff for the 'helping hand' leaflet to request help locally. I shall now pursue these options.

also pleased to say a further two boxes of soil meters were taken yesterday to Kitale, West Kenya for use by Ministry of Agriculture advisers and/or leading smallholder farmers.

I'm also think of ways of getting folk to sponsor a soil meter at £5 a time, to enable more to be provided. Ideas welcome!

Thanks Roy

Short Orientation Course

A Short Orientation Course is needed for a family of 4 (2 small children) leaving the UK in September. They are already doing a week orientation course in April with a mission organisation but would maybe like another week of preparation time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

All Nations do a short course which can be done online or residentially I think... https://www.allnations.ac.uk/courses/en-route/express-residential-s...

Thanks Mark. We know about that one but it's more geared for short-termers. This family are going for 3 years.

I am thankful for a further two dozen soil meters which were taken at short notice to Kenya by a contact returning from University at Newcastle. I am hopeful that these will be delivered to two intended recipients shortly. Roy

I have been asked by a missionary couple who have been serving in Philippines to explore de-briefing for returning missionaries. This couple are looking specifically for de-briefing in group sessions rather than one-on-one.

Does anyone know of any mission agency - or affiliate - that might conduct such sessions in UK? We don't know where to start looking...

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Frank. I do re-entry days with groups. Can be with others in one large group or just for your own group. See www.oscar.org.uk/oscar-training#acnd. Might be able to arrange debriefing for a group as well (with a trained independent debriefer). Mike.

Have you tried contacting Tim Herbert at Syzygy, http://www.syzygy.org.uk/?  If he doesn't have anything he could advise, I am sure.  I must say it seems an unusual request, since the purpose of debriefing is for the individual or couple to unload, integrate, celebrate and move on.  Usually the only context that a group debrief works, I would have thought, is when the whole group are debriefing a shared experience, such as a traumatic event.  Another suggestion is the debriefing retreat at the end of July at Penhurst Retreat Centre in Sussex https://www.penhurst.org.uk/, which my wife and I are leading together with hosts Richard & Storm Hann.  this will include some teaching sessions for reflection and response as well as one-on-one (or couple) debriefing.

Hi Frank, do they mean that the want to be debriefed as a couple rather than individually? I can offer that. Or do they want to be debriefed with a group of other people they don't know? They could consider the New Directions retreats at Penhurst Retreat centre (or the Penhurst retreats which Doug mentions) where they can meet other people in similar situations - not exactly group debriefing but if they just want to meet others going through reentry that could work well (as could the reentry days which Mike mentions). I facilitate group debriefing but there needs to be a group to debrief - often it is a team who have worked together.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mike Frith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service