For posting items for sale, for free or wanted

Views: 8601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm looking for accommodation for a missionaryfamily of 6, preferably in the Oxford area.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  Their sending church in Oxford has drawn a blank so far.  Thanks.

Thank you Lynne.  I'll pass on that info.  They've tried Mission Assist but nothing was possible.

Good afternoon, Sarah, The Windmill Farm comes to mind which is south of  Oxford. I will give further thoughts and send them to you.... Hopefully later today.  David

Thank you David.

Hi Sarah,

CMS may be able to offer rooms in the CMS community house (near central Oxford, on Iffley Road). Please contact me or Isaac (isaac.frisby@churchmissionsociety.org) if they are interested.

Thanks,

Jo

Hi Jo.  I'll pass on that message to the family. I'm chatting to them later today.

Thanks!

Sarah

we are embarking on two weeks mission in Uganda, from 23rd of June to 9th  July  we have collected second-hand clothes to support an orphanage in Wakiso District, we are challenged on how best to ship these items and finance to support this cause, We kindly request for ideas and possible suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi James. I suggest you send an email to several of the shippers listed at http://www.oscar.org.uk/service/logistics/shipping/shippers.htm and ask if any of them can help and what they might charge for this. Mike.

Good morning, James, You might like to check Mercy Logistics for future consignments. Also, I have found that approaching shipping agents directly can be a route to take. Will continue the to give thought.  Warm regards, David

I think it's too late for James to do his research on this subject but for others who might be considering sending used clothing to Africa, please read this article.

In March, the East African Community (EAC), which is made up of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda, proposed banning all imported used clothing and shoes by 2019. The goal is to stop relying on imports from rich nations, boost local manufacturing and create new jobs. For the $2 or 3,000 US it cost to ship a container of used clothing to Uganda one can buy used clothes there, thus helping the local economy. Even if you pack used clothing in suitcases and carry them as luggage, you will pay a hefty excess baggage fee. You can cloth hundreds of orphans for the cost of transporting used clothes to Africa.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/these-african-countries-dont-wa... "These African Countries Don’t Want Your Used Clothing Anymore"

Good evening, Lynne,  You might consider googling the churches in Upminster. It may well be that one of them could assist. I took such a course for a friend in another town and was very encouraged by the response. I visited their website and then contacted the secretary or leader.

Kind regards, David

thank you I will try that

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mike Frith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service