For anyone with questions, answers or discussions about issues related to finance. This includes raising support, giving, tax & pension issues, as well as foreign exchange and sending money abroad.
Finance related articles:
- Foreign Exchange by Peter Lavelle
- Mission work hit by Falling Pound by Michael O'Neill
- Making Money with Morals by Chris Sheldon
- Growing Young Givers
- 12 Step Support Strategy by Bill Dillon
- Gift Aid for Christian Workers by Anthony McKernan
- The Ideal Supporter by Myles Wilson
- Supporting Missionaries by Neal Pirolo
Finance Related Reviews:
- Funding the Family Business by Miles Wilson
Finance Related Events:
- Support Raising Training days from Stewardship
Does anyone have any expertise available regarding Self Assessment Tax Returns for Overseas Staff? Self-Assessment was never simple, but it seems to be even more of a mine field. HMRC online service is no longer available to non-residents. Gov.UK site says: Sending a Self Assessment tax return You can’t use HMRC’s online services to tell them about your income if you’re non-resident. Instead, you need to: send your tax return by post use software get help from a professional, eg an accountant…Read more…
A tip that I often use when going abroad is to split money 3 ways. Have cash to take, take or (depending on country) post travellers cheques, and possibly a prepay debit card from the Post Office or similar. Now with PayPal and mobile banking it doesn't hurt to have a few quid in there or at least a PayPal account so that family and friends can send you money in emergency.Read more…
What do you use to keep track of your supporters? We would be particularly interested to hear from anyone using one of the Supporter Management Software packages (like we have listed at www.oscar.org.uk/service/finance/support.htm#sms). Let us know what works for you and why.Read more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.